The Australian Lifeguard Magazine (ALM) is Australia’s premier lifeguard industry magazine, proudly published by Surf Life Saving Australia biannually.
Distribution is primarily to paid professional coastal lifeguards and lifeguard management throughout Australia. Surf life saving clubs, support services and administrators also part of the wider audience.
The magazine covers a range of lifeguarding topics including relevant industry articles, updates on standards, research and innovation, training and education, public safety programs and light-hearted industry editorial to name a few.
Submit content – it would be great to hear from you
Send us your lifeguard news, views and photos. We’re always looking for fresh and relevant content from across Australia and internationally. We’re also interested in lifeguards who can write a regular column or on a specific interest topic – so if you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch.
How to receive your copy
The ALM is delivered to a database of Australian Lifeguard Service and Local Government lifeguards, surf life saving clubs, support services and industry stakeholders.
Don’t currently receive a copy?
· If you work for the ALS or a council lifeguard service contact us and we’ll add you to our database.
Subscribe to Our Electronic Newsletters
To receive electronic newsletters for professional lifeguards, please visit our subscription page located here and enter your email address.
With no other dedicated communication publications targeting this market, the ALM is the most effective advertising medium to reach the coastal lifeguard and lifesaving industry.
· Distribution quantity: 3,000.
· Australia wide.
· National and international lifeguard service managers.
· Beach lifeguards and management.
· Purchasing decision makers.
What our readers say:
· 64% actively read some or all of the advertising.
· 40% have contacted or will contact an advertiser as a result of seeing their ad in the magazine.
· 50% of readers only see industry related advertising in the lifeguard magazine.
· 37% of readers say they are more likely to purchase from advertisers in the magazine with 40% saying they maybe more likely to.
The ALM is funded through the support of advertising. If you’d like to advertise in the magazine please download a copy of the Rate Card which includes more information, publishing dates and pricing.
Advertising and editorial contact
Public Safety Project Coordinator
02 9215 8020
Read or download previous issues of the magazine below.
Australian Lifeguard Magazine - Autumn 2012 | Download (4mb PDF)
Australian Lifeguard Magazine - Spring 2011 | Download (4mb PDF)