Terrigal's Amy Nurthen, seen here at Bondi in the 2010/11 KNG Series, qualified through the KNG Trial in 2009 - Photo: Mark Donaldson
Surf lifesavers will have the opportunity to compete for a place in the 2011/12 Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Ironman Series when the series trial takes place on 27-28 August 2011 at Noosa Heads in Queensland.
The trial is open to all current proficient members of a surf life saving club, who are Bronze Medallion holders, and are at least 16 years of age - due to ski events.
Seven male and female places in the iconic series will be decided over the weekend, with competitors vying for the chance to race against the likes of Shannon Eckstein, Ky Hurst, Courtney Hancock and Liz Pluimers.
The following athletes have already qualified for the 2011/12 Series based on the final results from the 2010/11 Series.
1. Shannon Eckstein - Northcliffe
2. Matt Poole - Mooloolaba
3. Zane Holmes - Northcliffe
4. Caine Eckstein - Kurrawa
5. Hugh Dougherty - Tugun
6. Wes Berg - North Burleigh
7. Alastair Day - Warilla Barrack Point
8. Ky Hurst - Kurrawa
9. Rhys Drury - Dicky Beach
10. Mitchell Miller Noosa Heads
1. Courtney Hancock - Northcliffe
2. Liz Pluimers - Northcliffe
3. Alicia Marriott - Mooloolaba
4. Kristyl Smith - Northcliffe
5. Gemma Newbiggin - Mooloolaba
6. Amy Nurthen - Terrigal
7. Allira Richardson - Mooloolaba
8. Brodie Moir - North Burleigh
9. Rebecca Creedy - Met Caloundra
10. Bonnie Hancock - Northcliffe
In addition to the seven male and female positions selected from the trial, there will be a further three male and three female wildcard positions, which may or may not be used at Sports and Entertainment Limited (SEL) discretion following the trial.
The 2011/12 KNG Series will be held over six rounds this season with the dates and venues to be confirmed by the end of June.
Find out further information on the trial here.