Surf lifesavers selected for the 2020 National Leaders’ Masterclass
Surf Life Saving Australia is pleased to announce the 16 Surf Life Saving members who will participate in the 2020 National Leaders’ Masterclass later this year.
The National Leaders’ Masterclass (Masterclass) is an annual leadership and development program for members aged 30 and over who currently hold a senior leadership role in Surf Life Saving with participants coming from a variety of clubs, roles and SLS backgrounds.
More than just a standard leadership program, Masterclass gives members the chance to be part of creating an effective national movement.
Over four days, the selected participants will be challenged to think strategically about the future of Surf Life Saving in the company of like-minded members from clubs around Australia.
As well as learning new skills and creating opportunities for personal growth, Masterclass will open new networks with other passionate members across the country, who are committed to making a difference within the movement.
The skills gained are designed to be taken back to clubs and into other areas of the participant’s daily life, with the aim of contributing to SLSA’s mission statement of saving lives, creating great Australians and building better communities.
In 2017, SLSA established a partnership with the University of South Australia to assist in the facilitation of leadership programs like the Masterclass. The partnership also benefits members by providing an opportunity for attendees to enrol in a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration that can give them credit towards an MBA.
Due to the constantly changing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic the original dates of September 10-13 have been postponed to later in the year when it is safe for participants from all states to travel interstate.
Surf Life Saving Australia congratulates all our members who have been selected to attend the 2020 National Leaders’ Masterclass.
2020 National Leaders’ Masterclass participants:
- Andrew Wright – Redhead SLSC, NSW
- Bruce McAslan – Bermagui SLSC, NSW
- Callan Nickerson – Stockton SLSC, NSW
- Jamie Caldwell – Bulli SLSC, NSW
- Kate Balding – Coledale SLSC, NSW
- Megan Still – Maroubra SLSC, NSW
- Brendan Privilege – Secret Harbour SLSC, WA
- Jette Oksis – Fremantle SLSC, WA
- Margaret Cargnoni – Coolangatta SLSC, QLD
- Rachael Clark – Pacific SLSC, QLD
- Shaun Hourigan – Nobbys Beach SLSC, QLD
- Gavin Cousins – Goolwa SLSC, SA
- Ingrid Cobiac – Brighton LSC, SA
- Greg Girle – Gove SLSC, NT
- Matt Mahon – Portsea SLSC, VIC
- Matthew Taylor – Anglesea SLSC, VIC